Re: [LARTC] [LONG] Weights not working

On Saturday 26 July 2003 11:20, Raj Mathur wrote:
> Hi,
> The Description
> ---------------
> Am making a package for a VSAT ISP.  Running Red Hat 8.0 with the
> updated kernel (2.4.20) and patched for HTB on the bandwidth
> management system (BMS).  BMS has two ethernet interfaces: eth1 at

... [x]

> The Problem
> -----------
> Throttling is working fine in both directions.  However, when the link
> is choked the PCs do not get bandwidth proportional to their RATEs or
> CEILs.  So if all the PCs start downloading simultaneously, each pool
> gets ~85 Kbps, instead of pools (a) and (c) getting 64 Kbps each and
> (b) getting 128 Kbps.

It will be getting worse if your hosts start to open Kazaa or Download
Accelerator Pro brutally (let say 10 - 20 DAP, Kazaa, FlashGet)

As i ve seen in your script, you didnt play the Quantum value.. This is
exactly the same just like i did my HTB working for the first time..
Set the Quantum value to suits your bandwidth manager..

Regards,
Rio Martin.
--
Look, we play the Star Spangled Banner before every game.  You want us
to pay income taxes, too?