Re: [LARTC] Weired problem with path MTU and trafic shaping

Christian Berger wrote:

Servus,

I have a wiered problem with trafic shaping.
My situation is as follows:

I'm connected via ADSL to T-Online (large german ISP) and running a webserver on casandro.dyndns.org (that machine)

Whenever I activate trafic shaping with:
tc qdisc add dev ppp0 root tbf rate 120kbit latency 50ms burst 1440

Burst is depth of the bucket, i.e. packets bigger that burst can never pass. MTU for DSL links is usually 1492.

only http-requests for small files come throught, larger ones simply hang. When I set the MTU to a small value (1024 or lower) it works for some clients.

What could it be?

Servus
 Casandro