Re: [LARTC] prio + htb?

On Sunday 13 July 2003 22:18, Esteban wrote:
> Stef, Lartc people,
>
> Hello, im using the above script for my network It works okay, the htb
> assigns the BW i want for outgoing traffic. But now, im looking foward
> giving priority to the packets on the first class under the second, i mean
> the first class packets leave the interface first than the second class.
> How do i apply that without loosing my conf?
Using different prio's can be tricky.  It can speed up some packets, but at
the same moment, creating extra delays for the same packets if you send too
much of them.
At the same time, you have to be carefully with the different rates for the
child classes.  Make sure the sum is not more then the parent rate.
Otherwise it can be difficult to find out what wil happen.

Stef

--

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"