Re: [LARTC] OUTPUT chain marking after or before routing?

Then you have to bind theese rules to both of your ethernet interfaces assuming that the smtp traffic you want to mark arrives on both of your ethernet interfaces.
To do that you have to specify netfilter rules once for your first interface and once for your second interface.
I know that it looks complicated a little bit but it'll work.

Catalin Borcea wrote:

But how can I bind these rules to a interface when I don't know to what
interface the locally generated packets will arrive? In fact, this is the
purpose of marking the packets: to route them to the ppp0 interface.