Re: [LARTC] How to let one node superior?

On Thursday 10 July 2003 10:57, Jack H. Qi wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> This is a newbie question and it is very simple. In my local network of 10M
> bandwidth. I'd like to allow my PC to have a 9M bandwidth. While all the
> other PCs share the rest 1M bandwidth. Suppose my pc 192.168.3.2 gateway
> 192.168.3.1.
>
> Then, how could I set it in my gateway linux box? I think I should use tbf.
> Maybe, I need a cbq, but how to do it? The tc does not surport !
> 192.168.3.2. Maybe I need to use mark.
If you have a linux router as gateway, you can use cbq or htb to create 2
classes.  One for you with rate = 9mbit and one for the other users with rate
= 1mbit.  You can do this on both interfaces so you can shape both directions
(you can only shape outgoing packets with regular htb / cbq qdisc).

> Anyone give me a line of tc command?
http://www.docum.org/

Stef

--