Re: [LARTC] Out of IMQ interfaces

Hasso Tepper wrote:

But there is problem though - router can handle more, but I'm running out of IMQ devices. Default is 16 devices, but it is possible to change it in linux/include/imq.h. Theoretical maximum is 127. There is bug is imq module btw, it refuses to accept bigger number of numdevs argument than 99. But router really can handle more.

The default is 2 devices. I can not imagine why there should be a 99 device
limit, there is one such limit in net/core/dev.c:dev_alloc_name, but imq
doesn't use that function. I can't really imagine alloc_netdev calling dev_alloc_name
because the caller chooses it's own name, but i haven't checked. if you want
to make sure, change dev_alloc_name to support more than 100 devices (trivial)
and try again. Please inform me in case of success.

Bye,
Patrick