Re: [LARTC] HTB doesn't respect rate values

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Sergiusz Brzeziñski Sergiusz.Brzezinski@xxxxxxxx
>Well, it helped in 80%. Why only in 80? I repeated my test with SFQ and:
>- it worked better than bevore, there where long time periods
>(15-20sec.) with right rate-values
>http://mailman.ds9a.nl/mailman/listinfo/lartc HOWTO: http://lartc.org/

I didnt follow this thread from beginning, sorry if i didnt solve the
problem. From your last post to this list i assumed you have set correct
rate values to each class, but the distribution is still unfair. Am i right
?

At first i applied HTB for my bandwidth manager i came into the same
problem. When my users at one class start to open several tcp streams,
perhaps you can see such as Kazaa, DAP, FlashGET. These can consume high
bandwidth. Also they opened several tcp streams to the same destination
host. The fact is those class get high rate while the other class is suffer.

I applied HTB with SFQ as leaf qdisc. I played with the quantum values and
it started to work well.
Try it..

Regards,
Rio Martin.