RE: [LARTC] Limiting bandwidth usage - where to begin

 --- "rio@xxxxxxxxx" <rio@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> On squid, bandwidth limiting based on delay pools.
> And it unable to burst, CMIIW.

I plan to combine delay pools directive from squid and
the usage of HTB and SFQ ? Do you ?
Is there any drawback of doing such thing ?

> If you want your
> users get maximum rate when
> the others idle, use HTB.. They would be shape at
> minimum rate when the
> others request for more bandwidth.

Sounds to be interesting ...

> I am using HTB and SFQ as leaf, and so far my
> bandwidth management running
> fine and all users i managed so happy with the new
> system i applied.

Does your bandwidth manager mean : HTB + SFQ ? Or are
there any other additional tools?

Where (in which macine/device) do you apply your HTB
and SFQ ? Could you show me how is your network
configured ?

BTW, which documentation(s) to read do you recommend
in order to be able to use/configure HTB and SFQ ?

> But i have one small problem, that i might need
> solutions from the list..
> My connection to ISP not in clear channel quality.
> They applied burstable
> rate for me also.
> So how do i set HTB to follow the total bandwidth
> allocated my ISP to my
> backbone.

Still can't give any solution for your mentionned
problem.. sorry.

> Regards,
> Rio Martin.

TIA and regards,