Re: [LARTC] HTB burstable for 2 interface , how ?

On Thursday 03 July 2003 11:38, rio@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> It wont work..
> eth0 only for public ip traffic. It wont handle private network traffic.
> Traffic to private network can be manage through eth1 & eth2
>
> I guess the answer is IMQ .. i'll try ..
> Documentation please, or perhaps docum.org already have documentation
> regarding IMQ ?
Not much.  I never had the time to try imq my self.  But it's easy.
With imq you can create virtual devices and you can redirect any traffic to
with iptables.  So you can redirect all incoming traffic to eth0 to the
virutal device.  Shaping the traffic can be done by adding a htb qdisc to the
imq device.  But in your case you will have a filter problem because you
don't know the src address when a packet enter eth0.

Stef

--

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"