Re: [LARTC] HTB burstable for 2 interface , how ?

On Thursday 03 July 2003 10:56, rio@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Dear folks,
> Here goes my bandwidth manager:
>
> INTERNET
>
> |eth0 202.14.41.1
>
> BW.Manager
>
> | +----eth1----192.168.1.0/24
>
> +------eth2----192.168.2.0/24
>
> Total incoming bandwidth to eth0 is 1024kbps
> should be shared to eth1 and eth2, which mean each get 512Kbps and
> burstable to 1024Kbps if other host is idle.
>
> My question is how do i apply HTB to these situation ?
> As far as i know eth1 and eth2 should be define as parent and cannot be as
> children.
Indeed.  What you can do is use imq and add a imq device to your eth0.
Redirect all incoming traffic to it and a htb qdisc to the imq device.
Create 2 classes : one for eth1 and one for eth2.  And voila, eth1 and eth2
can share 1024 kbps.
You can have a problem splitting the traffic in the classes because you don't
know the src address when the packets enters your shaper.

Stef

--

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"