Re: [LARTC] Combining ingress and egress ( IMQ+HTB)

The way I understand it is summed up in a quote from "LEAF Bering user's
guide"

---
In many cases like those of ISPs, the bandwidth allocation is for incoming and
outgoing combined. Under such situations, in stock linux, a virtual device
called IMQ has been created through which all traffic passes. Thus shaping on
IMQ will enable shaping total traffic and not incoming and outgoing
separately.
---