[LARTC] Help please on HTB vs CBQ for shaping on a 10Mbit link and igressfilters

I am setting up some traffic shaping on a 10Mbit (bursting to 20Mbit) link. with various class rates from 2Mbit to 6Mbit
My router is Intel (1GHz processor)

I have configured my script using HTB, however from reading the documentation HTB appears to be using the same alogorithm as TBF, and TBF is only effective up to 1Mbit.

Should I be be re-scripting to use CBQ?

I am also using igress shaping ( without IMQ ) and the filter alogroriths are also TBF .

Can anyone recommend a workable rule for the ratio between rate and burst for higher bandwidths? - it looks to me as though it should be around 22:1

Does the "latency" parameter cause packets to be dropped when they have been waiting more than latency ms?

TIA, Derek