Re: [LARTC] HTB Kernel log (cl && cl->un.leaf.q->q.qlen)

Stef Coene wrote:
On Wednesday 18 June 2003 20:53, Giannis Stoilis wrote:
Never mind that. The most important issue here is that when you delete
your queues, any packet that happens to pass through them at that time,
are LOST!

Are you sure? I never tested it.

This is how I know it:
I constantly ping my linux server from another pc. At some poing I delete and recreate my queues. From the pc that pings my linux server, I can see the replies coming, and at the point of the restart I have missed pinging replies and at the point after the qdisc creation, I can see the icmp replies coming back again.
Either every packet is lost at qdisc removal, or something else, same as nasty, is happening...
You should try it and see...
Also, if you have monitor_tc running at that time, you can see it dump some nice negative values...

- Giannis