From: "Burnside, Andrew" <Andrew.Burnside@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'lartc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lartc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 13:24:44 +0100
Subject: [LARTC] DiffServ Marking

I am trying to compare the behaviour of the Linux DiffServ implementation
with that of Cisco, in DSCP remarking for traffic policing.
As I understand it, the DSCP is marked at the egress interface (parent
queue), based on the class that packets are in.

I am looking at what happens at an inter-AS boundary.
DSCP marked traffic coming into the Edge Router need to be policed and
remarked:
e.g. EF traffic up to 2Mbps marked as EF
EF traffic beyond 2Mbps should be policed and remarked as BE.
Is there a way to do this remarking before the traffic is segregated into
egress queues?

Cheers

Andrew