Re: [LARTC] Low latency on large uploads - almost done but notquite.

I maybe a bit late but incase this helps anyone, I was trying to place
icmp in its own queue and give a high priority. I couldnt mark with
iptables due to the fact it core dumps when I attempt to use the mangle
chain (perhaps because these boxes also run freeswan. So i shaped based
on protocol number. My problem was it wasn't working until I specified a
prio for the icmp filter, also using prio 0 it did not work but it did
with prio 1.

tc filter add dev $DEV protocol ip parent 1: prio 1 u32 \
match ip protocol 1 0xff flowid 1:21

--

Corey Rogers
Junior System Administrator
#3 Mahogany Court, Wildey, St. Michael
Phone: (246)437-3154 FAX: (246)228-4319

[F]or those of you who are constantly belittled by your peers for
believing that Big Brother is out to get you, be assured, it is.  In
fact,you are probably not paranoid enough."
  - editorial, "Today's Technology Can Easily Track Criminals and
    Ex-offenders", _The_ECHO_ newspaper, Jan. 1998

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message including attachments, if
any,is (are) for the intended recipient only (person or entity)and may
contain confidential or proprietary information some or all of which may
be legally privileged. Any unauthorised review, use, copy, print,
copies of the original message and do not in any way rely on this
e-mail. If you are the intended recipient but do not wish to receive
communications through this medium, please so advise the sender
immediately.