[LARTC] RIP v1 Compatibility Mode

Hi All,
   Can someone clarify the meaning of RIP v1 Compatibility mode.
Specifically my question is ..in case I configure an interface in this mode ,
the RFC states that RIP v2 packets will be sent in "Broadcast" mode, however
if that is the case any RIP v1 router which receives the RTEs will reject
them because the MBZ fields would contain some values.

Regards,
Mukesh Kumar