RE: [LARTC] Artificial latency

hello ryan,

> So, I used the nistnet module to delay incoming UDP packets
> to 192.168.1.4 by 300 milliseconds, and got the 'symmetric' delay I was
> seeking and faxes are working!
good news, alhtough I am curious how you are connected to the internet?
also, did you check with cisco?

> I am wondering if anyone out there can think of another delaying solution
> using a qdisc??
i am not aware but would also be interested -- please do post back
should you find anything ...

> I had many problems getting the nistnet module installed;
> it refused to coexist with an lt_serial module that allows my faxmodem to
> work, and causes sporadic fits with my kernel.
yes, i experienced similar issues, but managed to get it stable for some
very simple testing -- i need to do more.

cheerio

charles