Re: [LARTC] Routing question

>>I found this to be excellent...
>>
>>http://www.linuxpowered.com/HOWTO/Adv-Routing-HOWTO/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html
>>

>That's the exact same thing I used, but I don't have separate ethernet
>cards, which this set up relies on. Both my routers are on a switch,
>along with my server, so everything goes over eth0
>
>ip route add default dev eth0 src 10.1.1.1
>ip route add 10.1.1.1 dev eth0 src 10.1.1.1
>
>don't work.

The routing system needs to be able to differentiate between packets coming from the two
routers, so I would suggest that you put another nic in the machine. this setup makes
source based routing very easy to implement. I don't know if multihoming your current
eth0 nic would make it possible because both routers are on the same network...

>I also can't find any info on creating tables T1, and T2

Go to the link I gave and click "Prev" - the info you need is on that page...

>Alex

Leigh