Re: [LARTC] Routing tables and netfilter

Howzit Guys,

I got the problem sorted,

I used the examples under "Routing for multiple uplinks/providers" to
route stuff out the same interface that it comes and in, and voila!,
bob's yer uncle!

I wonder if that might not be why the stuff mentioned below didn't work
in the first place.

Well anyway, cheers!

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 10:36:31AM +0200, Riaan Annandale wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> A couple of days ago I sent a mail here regarding routing browsing
> packets to a different gateway. Well here's an update which I believe
> will shed more light on the problem.
>
> I am now marking all TCP and udp packets on a test box with a one.
>
> I then route these packets via a routing table through an ISDN device.
>
> If I delete this route I instantly get destination net unreachable from
> the client side (my linux box)
>
> When I add it back in, it just sits and eventually times out.
>
> If I do a tcpdump on the server that I am trying to telnet I can see
> that it's getting the packets that I send to establish the connection
> and is sending the SYN packets back, but yet my side still just sits. It
> almost appears that it doesn't work with MASQ.
>
> Now before everyone starts nailing me about MASQ as per
> "IMPORTANT: We received a report that MASQ and SNAT at least collide
> with marking packets." and "Turn off the reverse path filter to make it
> work properly." - I have done that and I get the same results.
>
> It appears that the packets are being dropped somewhere.
>
> It feels like I am missing something really small and arb.
>
> Any help would be appreciated

---end quoted text---

--
Regards,