Re: [LARTC] CBQ DEVICE BW?

Thanks Stef,

I need to clarify more please.

Stef Coene wrote:
On Friday 23 May 2003 10:44, Srikanth wrote:

Hi,

The CBQ config file shud be some thing like this.

DEVICE=eth0,10Mbit,1Mbit
RATE=50Kbit
WEIGHT=5Kbit

Shall i hardcode the DEVICE BW as 10/100 Mbit
or
Shall i use any other tool like ethtool for getting this.
ethtool gives Speed: 10Mbps

If so, how about, if i use some other Interfaces other than eth0,
like ppp0 or some other?

C'd anybody can give a suggestion over this?

Bandwidth should be the real physical bandwidth of the device.
Forgive me, if i'm wrong.

As of my understanding, are the below lines right?

DEVICE BW = Real physical bandwidth of the device

So, Here DEVICE means only the Interface, not the Link, am i right?

&

RATE = Rate assigned to perticular user/network/service.

How much the user/network/service can aquire max. allowable rate?

I can consider as 10/100 Mbps for ethernet interface.
So, how about, when i use ppp0 (pppoe) in my CBQ, is it same?
bcoz, pppoe uses eth0, am i right?

Stef
reg,
Srikanth.