Re: [LARTC] CBQ and HTB Support

Hi Fahad.

    Its very easy, Download (if you dont have it allready) Linux Kernel
2.4.20
get it here:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.4/linux-2.4.20.tar.gz

 and Uncompress at /usr/src with :
#tar zxvf Linux-kernel-2.4.20

Install  Woody Package Iproute2 (on Debian/linux)
#apt-get install iproute

Replace your command /sbin/tc
with the one from Stefs page
http://www.docum.org/stef.coene/qos/download/tc
->Which has htb3 support compiled within

Patch the kernel with the following : BUT ONLY!! if you want to make use of
the ESFQ:
Youe can get it here  http://www.ssi.bg/~alex/esfq/esfq-0.2-2.4.18.tar.gz

Choos the following options in the kernel Menue :

Networking options  --->
 Kernel/User netlink socket
 Network packet filtering (replaces ipchains)
IP: Netfilter Configuration  --->
 IP tables support (required for filtering/masq/NAT)
 LENGTH match support
 MARK target support
QoS and/or fair queueing  --->
  SELECT EVERYTHING HERE

        Then do a
#make modules;make modules_install;make dep;make clean;make bzlilo

    reboot and your done!

            Good luck

                    Osgaldo