Re: [LARTC] No way to shape my traffic with p2ps

On Friday 16 May 2003 15:40, GoMi . wrote:
> I have tried everything.. IMQ, SFQ, ESFQ, creating a class for each user
> connected, but it just seems to be imposible to shape traffic with p2p. For
> those of you who haven't red any of my emails, i have to DSL connections
> and a linux box doing conntrack and SNAT for 200 "greedy" users. The
> problem is KaZZa seems to open thousands of TCP connections in a couple of
> seconds, and floods the system.

I had the same problem and i fixed it by limiting the number of connections
per second in the p2p program. Of course i can do that cause i'm the user of
said program. Emule has an option to limit the number of connections per 5
seconds. I dont think Kazzaa has that :(

It might possible to limit the number of connections per second from some
IP/PORT pair in iptables. I didnt test if that fixes it.