RE: [LARTC] new user

Ismet,

As you may have noticed we don't really understand exactly what you wish
to do.  We understand that you have a number of "client" networks behind
your router, and that you wish to use linux (LARTC), but we are not sure
about the nature of your question.

 : it is possible in LARTC?

Quite probably.  I understand that there may be a linguistic barrier for
you in communicating your question to the list, but we need to know more
in order to engage your question.  So please ask better questions in the
future.  With that said, here are some answers to the questions I thought
you were asking:

Are you asking

  1.  if you can limit bandwidth for each client?

      Yes.  You'll want to learn about HTB.  You will probably
      wish to create a top-level class to limit the total bandwidth to
      the available bandwidth for all of your clients, and then create
      child classes alloting 128k for each client, e.g.,

      1:1 (77mbit) +--------+ 1:1001 (128kbit)
                   +--------+ 1:1002 (128kbit)
                   +--------+ 1:1003 (128kbit)
                   +--------+ 1:1200 (128kbit)

      Your clients will still be "fighting" over any bandwidth left in
      class 1:1, but at least you can limit the total bandwidth that
      all of them will be able to consume.  You can also cap each
      individual class by using the rate and ceil parameters for the
      child classes.

      There is a metric boatload of documentation on HTB by the author [1]
      and by Stef Coene [2].

OR

      : eth0 internet
      : eth1 local
      : i want 200 ip on eth1

  2.  if you can use a single router with multiple IPs on a single
      ethernet interface?

      Yes.  You can trivially host multiple IPs on the same interface by
      making use of the "ip address add" command.  I have not completed
      writing my documentation [3] and examples for this command, but the
      ip-cref manual [4] which comes with the iproute2 package will
      provide the necessary clues.

      In short, the machine can host many IPs on a single interface, and
      according to the rules for source address selection [5], should even
      generate ICMP messages from the correct IPs for your client
      networks.

OR

      : > client1 not connect client200

  3.  if you can prevent the different client networks from communicating
      with each other?

      Yes.  You can do so by using iptables.  I would suggest the iptables
      tutorial [6] for an introduction to the capabilities of packet
      filtering with kernel 2.4 and iptables.

      You can also prevent different client networks from connecting to
      each other by using clever policy routing.  See a discussion between
      me and Tomas Bonnedahl from earlier this year [7].  I would suggest
      using policy routing in addition to (not as a replacement for)
      correctly configured packet filters (see next answer).

OR

      : > 7.client 10.client cant connect p2p.

  4.  if you can configure different packet filters for each client?

      Yes.  You can do so by using iptables.  I would suggest the iptables
      tutorial [6] for an introduction to the capabilities of packet
      filtering with kernel 2.4 and iptables.

      There are a large number of tools for automating the writing of
      packet filters.  These tools can be found on freshmeat.net [8].  I
      would suggest choosing one of these after you understand how
      iptables can help you solve your problem.

So, in short, Ismet, linux-2.4 can probably do what you want.  Please feel
free to ask more specific questions after you have familiarized yourself
with the wealth of options.

-Martin

 [1]  http://luxik.cdi.cz/~devik/qos/htb/
 [2]  http://www.docum.org/