From: lartc-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:lartc-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Stuart Mackintosh
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2003 10:08 AM
To: lartc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LARTC] Limit bandwidth per client

Hi all,

I have an installation where each user on subnet 192.168.1.0/24 is
connected via a multiplexer.
The problem is that if any client uses more than about 48Kb/s, the
multiplexer crashes.

I need to limit each client to under this rate, say 32Kb/s. I have seen
examples on creating a class per host but is there a simple way of
saying "any host from 192.168.1.0/24" so I dont have 253 rules?

Many thanks.

stuart