Re: [LARTC] incoming traffic??

On Saturday, 10 May 2003, at 16:15:00 +0000,
sun reflex4 wrote:

> I want to classify incoming traffic and then put them in HTB queues, is
> that possible with tc (and/or iptables)? and when yes, which chain should I
> use: PREROUTING, or INPUT?

You should patch your kernel to support IMQ device and configure it, as
has been said several times on this list. Check the archives.

If you are configuring Linux traffic shaping in a router for a whole net
behind it, you can avoid IMQ and shapa incoming traffic in the inner
network card, shaping outgoing traffic to your internal network.

IP packets travel through the operating system stack following a well
defined path, that you can check at:
http://www.docum.org/stef.coene/qos/kptd/

Regards.

--
Jose Luis Domingo Lopez
Linux Registered User #189436     Debian Linux Sid (Linux 2.5.69)