[LARTC] how to classify the packet error, packet droped and packet overruns

   hello everybody

          what are the difference from the packet error,packet dropped and packet overruns.

how does the adapter determine this ,  just judge from the ip header 's  flag?  Such as the CRC etc.

And I want to know how to produce some error packet ,dropped packet,or overruns packet in an active way.

Because my program can detect the error packet number ,dropped number ,overruns number.

but the number alway is zero. It means that the network is good, no any error ,drops,overruns come out.

How to produce these by my own, any good advice?

             thx a lot!