Re: [LARTC] Using filters without a handle

On April 26, 2003 12:01 pm, Stef Coene wrote:
> > When I tried it for real:
> > RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
> >
> > Used the line just as I suggested above.
>
> tc filter add dev eth0 parent 10: protocol ip fw
> works for me.

Worked fine in my shell on my own box too (where nothing is happening or
configed) until I changed the script on the backup router and got that.

The script on the router is just a bunch of loops creating leaf classes for
different kinds of client machines. I commented the filter line out of each
loop and added the line from our last mail at the end and got that error.

Maybe I had finger problems. could be. I'll give it another go a little later
on. I'm accumulating some numbers right now and don't want to reset the
counters again just yet. Be nice if I could nuke hundreds of filter entries
at one go.

oh yeah :-) also, I should go through your site again if you want sometime.
Today I'm going to attack rrdtools with python so I'm looking forward to that
later on.

--
Regards, Paul Evans