Re: [LARTC] Minimum System Requirements?

On Saturday 26 April 2003 02:33, ambitious_llama wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new here and to mailing lists in general so apologies in advance for
> breaches in etiquette. I respond well to constructive criticism.
>
> I'm curious what kind of hardware requirements are needed for effective
> traffic shaping and control.
>
> For example, could a P200 with 48MB RAM handle limiting, shaping,
> NATing, and firewalling traffic from 5 - 6 clients on a 1.5Mbps/192kbps
> cable line?
It also depends on how many active classes you will have.  If you create
5000000 classes but there are only 2 active classes, no problem.  But 5000000
active classes will burn your CPU.  The same story for iptables rules and tc
filters.

Stef

--

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx