Re: [LARTC] Re: Still with HTB ..

On Friday 25 April 2003 07:01, rio@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Stef,
> I ve tried just as you described earlier..
> When using HTB qdisc, 10 hosts borrowing from the same parent results in
> unfairness. When host 1 open about 10 tcp connections, as soon as host 2
> request for more bandwidth from parent, host 1 wont decrease the speed.
>
> But, when i only try to attach 2 hosts to the same parent, it succeed!
> Host 2 get the requested bandwidth even if host 1 start 20 connections.
>
> Could you analyze this for me ?
Mhh.  I suppose you placed each host in it's own class.
And if you have unfairness, do you have 10 hosts generating traffic in 10
different classes?  So you have 10 active classes?

I (tried) to try it my self, and it seems that it works for me.  I created 7
classes.  I placed traffic in 6 of them.  As soone as I started to generate
traffic in the 7th class, the bandwidth was allocated.

Stef

--

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"