Re: [LARTC] Monitoring problem,

> > > i have downloaded monitor_tc.pl, and try to monitor my imq0 Device
> > That's from docum.org.
> Yes I have downloaded from Docum.org and i have changed from eth0 to imq0
I said that for the other members of the list so they know what monitor_tc.pl
is.

> > > modprobe imq numdevs=1
> > >  tc qdisc add dev imq0 handle 1: root htb default 1
> > >  tc class add dev imq0 parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate 1mbit
> > >  tc qdisc add dev imq0 parent 1:1 handle 10: htb default 5
> > Adding a htb qdisc to a class is useless and will only add extra delays.
> Ok i understand now, let me correct it, since let it be delay the
> proceedure should work right ?
Yes.  It works with that extra qdisc.

> > If you upload, the packets are entering the box with destination address
> the
> > ip-address of your box.  I'm not sure when the packet gets demasqued but
> when
> > this happens AFTER the marking, your packets have not the dst address of
> your
> > host so they are not marked and they end up in the default class.
> See while iam uploading to test FTP Server,
> i have table which all the packets which is belong to ftp  or any to go to
> IMQ Device
> and while iam downloading also the same
> Please correct if iam wrong
Sorry, bot our english is not so good.  I have no idea about what you want to
say.

> i have lot of  individual clients, who required up+down=total b/w
> so for each customer i need to have different IMQ Device or
> all can be used with one IMQ Device , and make some classes  for each IP to
> solve the problem
You can create 1 imq device and give each client a class.  So each client has
his traffic in his own class.

Stef

--

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx