Re: [LARTC] giving internal traffic a own queu

On Wednesday 23 April 2003 08:48, k3ssl@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi
> Im using a Linux Router, sharing dsl for the lan.
> Now Im trying to set up one queue for each Computer conected from lan.
> Setting up the queues is easy, but making a rule that matches them not.
> tc filter add dev ppp0 parent 1: protocol ip prio 10 u32 \
>    match ip src 10.0.0.2/32 \
>    flowid 1:20
> that doesnt work at all. It produces no error, but they still use default
> (1:50) instead of 1:20.
> Now my question, how do you mark your internal traffic?
> I dont want to change anything at eth1 (internal net) because the router
> works as Fileserver too.
> How do I use eg. iptables? i ve found sth. calles --mark value, but nowere
> explained what "value" means and what values are legal and I dont want it
> to match any rule for the Router (eg. minimized delay or sth).
You have indeed to mark the packets with iptables when they enter your router.
That mark can be used by the fw filter to classify the packets.
For examples, see www.docum.org.  I use that filter a lot in my test setups.
If you mark a packet, you give it a number that you choose.  That number is
only valid in the linux kernel of the router.  The fw filter can use that
number to classify the packets.  So you can choose whatever number you want.

Stef

--

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"