RE: [LARTC] Lots amounts of classes to solve the DAP problem

Because i want each IP to differ from interctive traffic and the rest. I have to change the ceil cuantity so they can get the full bw.
I dont get what you say about the root qdisc, i forgot to add to the script tc qdisc add dev $DEV root handle 1: htb :)

- -----Mensaje original-----
De: Stef Coene [mailto:stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx]
Enviado el: martes, 22 de abril de 2003 20:53
Para: GoMi
CC: lartc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Asunto: Re: [LARTC] Lots amounts of classes to solve the DAP problem

On Tuesday 22 April 2003 20:10, GoMi wrote:
> Stef, remember the problem about DAP users? i have written a little
> scrip to create 255 classes each for an ip of my segment, what do you
> think, am i mistaken anywhere? I am not sure i am getting the concept
> right. The idea is Total BW is lets say 255kbit
>
>                    root 1:0
>
> User 192.168.1.1:
>
>                         1:1 2kbit ceil 255kbit
>                         / \
>                        /   \
>  1kbit ceil 127kbit   1:2  1:4 1kbit ceil 128kbit
>
>                pfifo  1:3  1:5 sfq
>
> User 192.168.1.2
>
>                         1:6 2kbit ceil 255kbit
>                         / \
>                        /   \
>  1kbit ceil 127kbit   1:7  1:8 1kbit ceil 128kbit
>
>                pfifo  1:9  1:10 sfq
>
> And soo on 255 times...
Ok.

> I now the rate of the classes add up to be more than the total BW but
> since i am doing that for 2 ADSL working with multipath
> (loadbalanding) routing, i think there will never be all users using
> one interface. Dont know if my assumption is right..
Nothing bad will hapen if you have wrong rates for the parent.

I have a remark.  You add the class directly to the root class.  It's better
to add 1 class to the root qdisc and add the other classes to that class.

> To end up i have to set up a hashing table to create all the filters.
> The script to create the structure is the one on the bottom. What do
> you think? Am i going in the right direction or did i just completly
> missed what you were having in mind..? ( I have not set up the hashing
> table for filters
> yet)
The idea is ok :)
But I can't remember why you give each IP 2 subclasses?  And why they can't
use the full bandwidth ?

Stef

- --

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx