Re: RV: [LARTC] Re: My 1st BW Manager

On Saturday 19 April 2003 17:19, rio@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Saturday 19 April 2003 12:10, GoMi wrote:
> Hi Stef, Are u sure havent heard DAP before ? this is as same as prozilla
> under linux.
My average downloads are 400kbyte/s so I don't need a download accelerator to
speed up downloads :)

> >And if they do, how many?  And the other services that suffers from these
> >DAP
> >streams, is that also download (bulk traffic) or interactive traffic (ssh,
> >telnet, dns)?
> >And I suppose the DAP traffic and the other traffic belongs to different
> >classes.
>
> Maximum 10 connections to the same destination server. If they open 1 DAP.
> Sadly my users often download with 3 - 5 DAP. So when i sniff their
> connection, the results of tcp connection arrount 30 tcp connection to
> remote host port 80.
So it's just parallel tcp sessions to the same hosts.  But if you put the
traffic from each host in 1 class, each class (and so each host) has the same
right for bandwidth.

> DAP is badly sucks my total bandwidth. So all other traffic would be very
> slow and didnt get fair bandwidth as i located..

Stef

--

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"