Re: [LARTC] (no subject)

On Friday 18 April 2003 19:21, rio@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Dear folks,
> I want to manage fair bandwidth to all of my clients with total of 512Kbit
> from linux gateway. I am using HTB.
> Here goes my network:
>
> INTERNET -----------------
>
>           -----------------------------------
>
>          |               HUB                 |
>
>           -----------------------------------
>

>   ------------ eth0 ----------------       |
>
>  |   LINUX-BOX ip= 64.1.1.1         |      |
>  |             alias = 192.168.1.10 |      |
>
>   ----------------------------------       |
>
>                                   ----------------------------
>                                    PRIVATE LAN 192.168.1.0/24 (4 clients)
>
> I ve setup under /etc/sysconfig/htb :
> sh-2.05a# cat eth0
> DEFAULT=30
>
> sh-2.05a# cat eth0-2.all
> RATE=512Kbit
> BURST=15k
>
> sh-2.05a# cat  eth0-2:11.host01
> RATE=128Kbit
> CEIL=512Kbit
> BURST=15k
> LEAF=sfq
> RULE=192.168.1.1
>
> sh-2.05a# cat eth0-2:12.host02
> RATE=128Kbit
> CEIL=512Kbit
> BURST=15k
> LEAF=sfq
> RULE=192.168.1.2
>
> sh-2.05a# cat eth0-2:13.host03
> RATE=128Kbit
> CEIL=512Kbit
> BURST=15k
> LEAF=sfq
> RULE=192.168.1.3
>
> sh-2.05a# cat eth0-2:14.host04
> RATE=128Kbit
> CEIL=512Kbit
> BURST=15k
> LEAF=sfq
> RULE=192.168.1.4
>
> sh-2.05a#
>
> All traffic from Private LAN NATed to linux gateway. When only 1 host
> active   and download something from the internet using DAP (download
> software) he reached 512Kbit maximum. When host 2 or 3 or 4 up, the
> bandwidth didnt share fairly among those host. It should be 128Kbit each.
> But why host 2..4 only got at least 10 - 20 Kbit?
>
> Please, i need help on this.
I'm not sure, but I think you use htb.init.  And this is not the htb.init
mailing list.  This is the LARTC lists to discuss topics like shaping,
advanced routing and other network stuff.

But answering on your question :
You have to create 1 class attached to the root qdisc and add the 4 other
classes to that class (don't ask me how you have to do that with htb.init).
Can you also check that the filters are working and the traffic is placed in
the class where it belongs?

Stef

--

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx