Re: [LARTC] Traffic control, squid and priorities

George Spiliotis wrote:

My questions are: can these rules be achieved with linux
traffic control? Can I have rules for packets going *out*
of the proxy based on relevant information for packets
going *in* the proxy? i.e. can I mark a packet and have
squid preserve the marking for his own generated packets?
Should I impose the above rules on both interfaces
(internal-external) for my linux box? Are there any
examples for configurations like these? Something to be
used as a starting

you need to hack squid to be able to set rules. squid can already set tos depending on who asks, it should be easy to make something similar and use setsockopt(SO_PRIORITY) to classify the packets.

Bye,
Patrick