[LARTC] Configuration help

I have been reading lartc.org for the past few days and am a bit
overwhelemed by the possibilities and configurations that are
possible. I am still trying to process all of this to try and
understand what I need to do in my configuration, and have tried a few
things to no avail. I currently have a webserver that is completely
flooding our link, so I need to find a way to deal with this quickly.
Can someone offer me some guidance in figuring out what I need to do?

My configuration is as follows:

2.2.20 kernel (with QOS enabled and all shaping stuff on), this
machine acts as a webserver and is also doing IPFW/MASQ for a small
network behind it. Interface eth0 is on the internet, eth1 is
connected to the private network. I would like to limit any traffic
that originates from the webserver itself so that the masquaraded
hosts behind it can still function with a certain amount of assured
bandwidth. The problem of course is that all the masqueraded traffice
comes through the webserver, so I am not sure how I can shape traffic
that comes from eth1 to be of higher priority over traffic that doesn't.

I have played with the shaper utility, the wondershaper, and have
tried my own recipies, all so far with no success. :(

Thanks for any pointers you can offer!
Micah