[LARTC] iproute question

Hello all,

My company is sharing it's internet access with a neighbor and the neighbor
in question was eating our bandwidth (both in upload and download) most of
the time. I finally set up a linux router to limit the incoming/outgoing
bandwidth to his network by adding a tbf on eth0 interface and eth1 interface
of the router (neighbor is behind eth1 and we are in-between him and the rest
of the world on eth0):
tc qdisc add dev eth0 root tbf limit 40K rate 1Mbit burst 16K
tc qdisc add dev eth1 root tbf limit 40K rate 1Mbit burst 16K

The only problem is that I can't specify a total bandwidth for our neighbor.
What I want to do exactly is specify that all traffic bound for eth1 is
limited to 1Mbit instead of having 2 separate 1Mbit qdiscs...

I tried looking at adding an ingress filter with classes on eth1 and removing
the tbf on eth0 but the notions are a bit confusing to me.

Can anybody give me examples on how I could do this?

Thanks.