Re: [LARTC] Strange HTB problem

On Wednesday 02 April 2003 21:32, Venceslav Vatashki wrote:
> Hello friends,
> I have small LAN network with 5 computers.I use HTB init script
> with configuration like this :
> //////
> RATE=80Kbit
> PRIO=5
> LEAF=sfq
> RULE=192.168.1.[1..6]
> //////
> The problem is when user start to download with Flashget,MassDownloader
> (with 10 threads) he kills the internet connection (240Kbit) without
> overlimiting his 80Kbit. Other users get 1-2kbps, witch is extremely
> unpleasant.
So you have 240Kbit, 1 user uses his 80kbit and other users don't get any
bandwidth.  Are all these users in the same class?  If they are, it's the sfq
qdisc that causes problems.
It will create 1 "queue" for each flow.  Flows have different ip-addresses and
ports.  So the 10 downloads ends up in 10 different queues.  So the more
sessions a user opens, the more bandwidth he gets
You can try the esfq qdisc.  That's an enhanced sfq qdisc.  You can create the
different queues based on ip-addresses and/or ports and this for source
and/or destination.  In your case, you can use the source address so each
user has his own queue. So each user has the same amount of bandwidth.  I
have a link somewhere on the faq page on www.docum.org.

> Btw which is the HTB version that ships with linux 2.4.20 ?
I think it's 3.7 but it's the same code as version 3.6.

Stef

--

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"