Re: [LARTC] Reviewing my shaping strategy

On Tuesday 01 April 2003 10:58, Roché Compaan wrote:
> Hi everybody
>
> I've been using htb to shape traffic successfully for quite a while now
> but I am wondering if it can be improved in some ways.
There is not much to say about it.  I think your script is ok.  But, you have
a low prio class for ssh.  If that class is overlimited (there is more
traffic then the configured rate), the latency for that class will raise a
lot.
There is not so much you can do to prevent this.  You can use policers in
filters, or make sure you don't put bulk traffic in that low prio class.

--

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"