Re: [LARTC] HTB quantum for small rates!!

On Tuesday 01 April 2003 13:13, satinder wrote:
> Hi stef,
>
> We as emmtel team is very thankful to you for ur support and site.
>
> i hope you will look into my problem,
> stef i have been to your site whollly and try to find many document on how
> to calculate quantum for small rates, i have read but still confusing, can
> you please tell me which formula or calculation have to be followed as we
> have made bandwidth management server that work fine as it have bulk links
> (64kBps,++) but we have also server from which we give small links
> (16kbitps, 20....)here we face a problem that our users dont get proper
> bandiwdth(or download).....
Calculatating quantum is not so difficult.  You have to make sure that quantum
> 1500 bytes and quantum < 60000.  Quantum = rate / r2q.  r2q can be
specified when you add the htb qdisc.  By default, r2q = 10.  If you don't
find any r2q setting so the quantum is ok for each class, you can take the
best r2q you can and overrule the quantum for the other classes when you
create the class.
So all you need is the leaf class with the highest rate and the lowest rate
and you can calculate the r2q you need.

Stef

--

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx