Re: [LARTC] How to use the tc -s [statistics] option?

On Friday 28 March 2003 23:24, David Reoch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've tried every combination (except the RIGHT one, of course) to see
> what the tc cbq statistics are.  I really just want to see what it's
> doing - I'm trying to rate limit napster/peer2peer apps, but they still
> seem to be hogging up all of my T1 bandwidth.
You create bounded cbq classes and you add a tbf qdisc that bounds the traffic
in these classes again.  So you don't need the tbf qdisc.  I'm not sure it
will change a lot, but you can try to replace the tbf qdisc with a prio or
sfq qdisc.

> Here's my tc config rules, minus the long list of ports in the class:
>
> tc qdisc del dev eth0 root  [eth0 is the Internet facing interface]
> tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1 cbq bandwidth 10Mbit avpkt 1000 cell 8
> tc class change dev eth0 root cbq weight 1Mbit allot 1514
>
> tc qdisc del dev eth1 root  [eth1 is the intranet facing interface]
> tc qdisc add dev eth1 root handle 1 cbq bandwidth 10Mbit avpkt 1000 cell 8
> tc class change dev eth1 root cbq weight 1Mbit allot 1514
>
> tc class add dev eth1 parent 1: classid 1:50 cbq bandwidth 10Mbit rate
> 35Kbit weight 3Kbit prio 5 allot 1514 cell 8 maxburst 20 avpkt 1000 bounded
> tc qdisc add dev eth1 parent 1:50 handle 50 tbf rate 35Kbit buffer
> 10Kb/8 limit 15Kb mtu 1500
> tc filter add dev eth1 parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 100 u32 match ip
> sport 1755 0xffff match ip dst 0/0 classid 1:50
> tc filter add [etc....]

Stef

--

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx