Re: [LARTC] Intelligent P2P detection

Maybe another way is better. What is the most common of P2P traffic? It
makes much much traffic. So let us catch it there. Monitor the traffic of
one IP and if the traffic within a certain time is high, the bandwidth of
this IP is set down to a lower level automatically (or put in lower priority
queue). After some time - the transfer has finished - it is set back to the
normal level. (I am quite new to qos and HTB and I wonder if this can be done
with linux?). This way you limit all big transfers, nevertheless they are
done by ftp, http or P2P.

I guess it will be _very_ difficult to find and mark all packets of P2P
software (and you will always be behind if new software or new versions are
published).

M.