Re: [LARTC] howto equalize two uplink?

On Wednesday 26 March 2003 14:00, Kertész Viktor wrote:
> Hi Kim,
>
> > Read this doc:
> >
> > http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/nano.txt
>
> Thanks. I had successfully set up that each connection is estabilished on
> other line but it's not an optimal solution for me. Is there a way I can
> route 50% of traffic put on 1 line? It would be good for me if every second
> packet would go on the second line.
> Thanks!

If you use the weight, then the kernel will split traffic according to the
weight. I.e. If you choose weight 5-1, then you will on an average (over a
longer period of time) see 5 times more traffic on one line than on the
other. Ensuring that packets are divided over the lines equally, you will
need the patch for the kernel, which is mentioned on the nano-howto I gave
you the link to.

Under all circumstanses - if you are using the weight, then the kernel will
over a longer period give you what you ask it to do.

/Kim