Re: [LARTC] HTB and filters

On Monday 17 March 2003 22:01, Stephane Ouellette wrote:
> Folks,
>
>     after spending a lot of time experimenting with HTB, I found that
> filters cannot be attached to HTB  classes...
>
> The class hierarchy I use is the following (for my upstream internet link):
>

>                PRIO (with priomap that sends everything by default to
> class 1:3)
>              /   |   \
>             /    |    \
>            /     |     \
>         1:1     1:2     1:3
>       PFIFO    PFIFO    HTB qdisc (default to 4:100)
The default class MUST be a leaf class.  A leaf class is a class with no child
classes.  If no filter is matched, the packet is dequeued in the default
class.  This means that no filter is tested so your packets ends in 4:100.
The filters attached to 4:100 are never checked.

Stef

--

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"