[LARTC] route with two uplinks actually slower than one

Hi.  At the moment I have two high speed connections to the internet
-- one somewhat faster than the other.  I was looking at the advanced
router howto and created the tables, etc as specified in section 4.2
of that document and changed my default route to a multipath route
with weight 2 on the faster provider and weight 1 for the slower one.

Then I went and downloaded a test file, but to my surprise I was
getting a lower speed than with the default route to the faster
provider.  Is there a better way to do this so it actually does me
some good?

Even if it doesn't work I have certainly learned something in the
process, but I thought two routes would be better than one.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--
         John Covici
         covici@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx