Re: [LARTC] TC Rules on a Bridge..

Dhirendra,

Here are some past threads involving this question (and some answers to
other questions which usually follow the "can I do traffic shaping on a
bridge" question.

Yes, you can perform QoS/traffic control on a bridge:

  http://mailman.ds9a.nl/pipermail/lartc/2003q1/007367.html

Make sure you have bridge+nf (netfilter support) if you want to do any
packet marking, filtering, mangling or NAT on the bridge [ a NATting
bridge, he remarked incredulously... ]:

  http://mailman.ds9a.nl/pipermail/lartc/2003q1/007378.html

ebtables and iptables interaction on a bridge+netfilter:

  http://users.pandora.be/bart.de.schuymer/ebtables/br_fw_ia/br_fw_ia.html

Don't forget the firewall-bridge (helpful to understand bridge+netfilter):

  http://www.sparkle-cc.co.uk/firewall/firewall.html

Now let's roll out that Euro currency, and build some bridges,

-Martin

 : While I am still doing R&D with the ftp problem got another question to
 : bug you all..:)
 :
 : A) Okay if I am runnging Bandwidth management (HTB) using TC will it
 : work if the machine is a bridge also?
 :
 : B) I have tried it for my learning and it does slows down the traffic,
 : which I intented to do. But now since there is no eth0 interface, so
 : should I apply the rules on the bridge interface or eth0 should be fine.
 : I can see that eth0 works . But is it right to do it?
 :
 : Thanks again for helping..
 : Dp
 :