[LARTC] Classes and qdiscs

I've been reading the posts on classless queuing and classes/qdisc
combinations. Both Martin and Stef mentioned that one class can have
more than one qdisc attached.

The way I had understood queue disciplines was as follows:

1. A class has a qdisc to regulate traffic under limit e.g htb/tbf....
2. A tier in the hierarchy has a qdisc attached for sharing of spare
bandwidth not utilized by one or more classes amongst the others in the
same tier.

Or would it be correct to say that each class has a qdisc that
distributes its spare bandwidth to others in the same level in the
hierarchy? Does it mean that if I have SFQ for one class and have not
attached SFQ to the other two classes at the same level, the other two
classes would get even distribution of bandwidth not utilized by the
first class?

Can a scenario be drawn up as to why we would need more than two qdiscs
for a class (one for under limit and one for spare).

Bye
Mohan