Re: [LARTC] matching ftp - how?

Hi Eric!

> > iptables -A FORWARD -s $net -m conntrack --proto ftp
> > iptables -A FORWARD -s $net -m conntrack --proto irc
> > iptables -A FORWARD -s $net -m conntrack --proto h323
>
> To do so you can use the conmarck module (from iptable pom) : the mark
> of the packet is given following the conntrack. It's a bit tricky to use
> (you have to restore mark) but it do the job.

I take it you are talking about the connmark match. I don't see how you can
use that to track of the connection. All you can do is match/change packets
with a certain mark value. But how do you know what mark value is assigned
to packets matched by a specific connection tracking module. For example,
let's say I wanted to match h323 packets. How would I know what MARK value
to use?

--

Regards
 Abraham

Children are like cats, they can tell when you don't like them.  That's
when they come over and violate your body space.

 Abraham vd Merwe - Frogfoot Networks CC
 9 Kinnaird Court, 33 Main Street, Newlands, 7700
 Phone: +27 21 686 1674 Cell: +27 82 565 4451
 Http: http://www.frogfoot.net/ Email: abz@xxxxxxxxxxxx