[LARTC] bandwidth control question.

Hi,
I'm looking for a way to limit bandwidth to/from clients using a
contended 2Mb link. What I'm looking for is to allow a client machine to
use the full 2Mb but only if there is no traffic to/from other clients.
I've been looking at htb.init and cbq.init, and believe that the BURST
used in htb.init will allow what I need.

I'm looking to put in place something like:
			------------------
			|   Router	 |
			------------------

			|    Bridge	 |

			|    Switch	 |

			 Various servers

Am I right in thinking that I'll be able to use tc within the bridge ?

Regards,
Jon