  +------+                  +------+
  | PC A |------+ +---------| PC B |
  +------+      | |         +------+
                | |
            eth1| | eth0
              +-----+
              | qos | (br0 = 66.8.28.49/29)
              +-----+

PC A is connected to qos via crossover cable and PC B and qos is plugged
into same switch. So even though everything is on the same network, traffic
has to go through qos when PC A talks to PC B.

Now, if PC A ping PC B, then my packet counters on the PREROUTING, INPUT,
FORWARD, OUTPUT, POSTROUTING chains stay the same for both filter and mangle
tables - i.e. netfilter don't see any traffic flowing through the machine.

Why is this? How do I match this traffic using netfilter? I can't use
ebtables because I have to match traffic in the mangle table if I want to
use it in conjunction with tc.

--

Regards
 Abraham

By the yard, life is hard.
By the inch, it's a cinch.

 Abraham vd Merwe [ZR1BBQ] - Frogfoot Networks
 P.O. Box 3472, Matieland, Stellenbosch, 7602
 Cell: +27 82 565 4451 Http: http://www.frogfoot.net/
 Email: abz@xxxxxxxxxxxx